Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wobble

Today was going really well and then I... wobbled. I ate two oatmeal craisin cookies. TWO. UGH, I'm so disappointed in myself. It started with that stupid chocolate. I've been really good about eating no dairy or grains, and as soon as I ate that sweet chocolate... I wobbled. For dinner I ate a chicken breast and resisted the fresh baked, DELICIOUS smelling bread I made. I ate a big salad; two servings.

So, it's back on track 100% tomorrow. No more chocolate (I gave the rest to my brother). No more dairy and no more grains. I really hope this doesn't adversely affect my weigh in on Friday.

I didn't mention this before, but on Tuesday I stepped on the scale after my workout and I was down to.... 165.5! The lowest I have been yet, and a 1.5 pound loss from the day before. I hope to see at least that tomorrow, if not more. But now that I've eaten wheat, oatmeal and dairy all in one day I'm not sure what will happen.

Ah well. It's not the end of the road. It's a wobble. A blip. I'll move past it and keep on trucking, eating healthy and doing my Shred.

After all, Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down. :-D

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you baked bread & didn't eat any? I could never do that. Fresh bread is a HUGE weakness for me... so great job. Hopefully the cookies won't cause any lasting damage to your success for the week. Its good that you can put it in proper perspective & move on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't matter, if you are good the rest of the week :)
    I am excited to meet up with you guys today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection is pretty boring anyway. Sounds like you are doing so well 99.9 percent of the time, that .1 shouldn't be a big cause for disappointment. Besides, it was probably only 200 calories or less which likely fit into your plan anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that..."weebles wobble". And I don't even know what a weeble is. Ha, Ha. Maybe I'll google it.

    I'm just curious...are you allergic to oatmeal and wheat? or does it just upset your stomach. one way to combat eating whole wheat bread is to just find a grain that you can eat and make bread out of that for your family...like spelt..there are other grains that you can make bread out of. That's what I'm doing. I'm thinking of what our family already eats, and then making versions that do not have white flour and sugar. That way...if I do nibble, I can feel good about it. not bad.

    For your question, we have a family blog and all of our kids have flower names, not their real names to protect our anonymity. It's like the garden of Eden and we are nuturing the flowers...hence "sunshine" mama, and daddy "rainmaker". We all had a blast coming up with all the names. We'll have to think up a new flower name.

    Thanks, you too for your comment. We, too, are really excited. I do want to be healthier this pregancy. It's funny, lately all I want to do is be "Ms. Homemaker" and cook a bunch of healthy food. Ha, Ha.

    Hey, good job on seeing that low number. Hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete