Friday, July 16, 2010

Hiccups and the importance of water

It's so weird, but every single time I do this diet, somewhere along the way, I get the hiccups. And they last all day long. And sometimes more than one day. Very odd!

I was down only .4 today... about 6 ounces. However, I drank basically no water yesterday. I haven't been feeling very well and straight water to my stomach doesn't help. I've been trying to lay off the Crystal Light stuff, but then I don't drink my water. Guess I'll be getting some more CL today. I also ate a veggie burger with my hamburger on Wed, so maybe that caught up with me.

I really don't know what's going on, but I don't feel as healthy, alive or vibrant this time around. Yesterday, once the afternoon hit, I got SO dizzy every time I stood up that I had to hold on to something so I wouldn't fall down. I had to lay my head on the counter or whatever furniture was around and try not to pass out. Very strange. I upped my potassium intake and today am working on drinking more water.

I think maybe I didn't let enough time lapse between my last round and this one. I was reading up, and I guess it's not a very good idea to start and stop within a 2 week period. Maybe that's what is going on? I'm pressing on... but if I start feeling worse or lose any more energy or continue getting dizzy then I'll stop. I don't want to, but I'll quit, wait 3 weeks on maintenance and then start again. It'll prolong the journey, but if it helps me feel better, it's worth it. I'm going to email Beth, the lady I bought my original drops from, and see what she suggests.

My body is definitely getting smaller. My size 11/12 jeans are definitely too big, but I just bought them last month! Guess I need to go shopping again. =) I'm not sure if I'll fit comfortably in size 10's yet though. Maybe when I get a little closer to the lower 140's. 148.2 is still pretty high to be wearing a 10 (in my case... it seems like every body is different, since Dawne can already fit nicely into 10's). I guess I'll just have to go out and see what fits. ;-)

I am so incredibly happy it's Friday!!!! My kiddos woke up between 6 and 6:30 (after a late bedtime of 9 last night... this is late, as they are only 5, 4 and almost 3 years old) and they all jumped off the wrong side of the bed with a vengeance. It's been an interesting morning, and I feel weak and tired. I may attempt the library later, but Lord knows I'll need some sort of fortification in order to be able to do it!

I can't wait for my hubs to get home tonight; Friday is pizza night in our house so I know I don't have to cook. And we have a new disc of Ally McBeal to watch, so it should be a relaxing evening once the kiddos are in bed. Gotta love that!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!! I will keep you posted with Beth's recommendation and whether I continue on the HCG or switch to maintenance. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment