Friday, July 23, 2010

Onion Rings

Hi Folks!
Well, I ate 3 apples and 5 onion rings yesterday and my body apparently didn't like it. I only lost 0.2 pounds. Ah, well. It was worth it.

The onion rings were fabulous! Definitely not the thick coated, beer battered yumminess you'll find in a pub or restaurant, but still.

I used a sweet onion and it was so good. My eyes popped open; I was surprised that it actually ended up being so tasty.

For lunch today I had a chicken, celery, apple salad with a citrus dressing. It was really good too; it reminded me of Thai food. I think it was the dressing; lemon juice, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, salt and sugar (Truvia in my case). It was good, but not nearly as good as the Strawberry Vinaigrette I plan to eat tonight. =)

My good friend Annie, who has also done HCG, had a good point when I checked in with her this morning. We text every day with our weight updates. ;-) She thought maybe my body was going into starvation mode, because you're only supposed to do an apple day if you haven't lost anything in 4 days. It was a good reminder that I need to eat. Since I haven't been starving this time, like I was last time, I've tended to focus more on losing weight instead of food. So when the scale doesn't show big losses, then I jump straight into apple days.

I'll continue to eat all my allotted food until this round is up... 8 more days! I have several goodies stashed in my freezer for when I'm on maintenance. Some cookies I made that are pure bliss. Think cinnamon sugary, buttery goodness. Snickerdoodles raised to the next level. YUM.

I also have some Norwegian chocolate. It makes Hershey's taste like plastic. It is SO GOOD. Pure milk chocolate. Be still my beating heart! I also have some homemade cheese bread stashed in there that I made yesterday. It smelled so delicious yesterday.

Here it is, served with the lasagna I made my family last night:
And here are the onion rings and diet root beer I had for "dinner". ;-) The picture does them no justice.
I will definitely be making the onion rings again, even when not on the diet. Here is the recipe, for any who are so inclined to be so tedious as to make HCG friendly onion rings. :-D

80g of onion (preferably sweet, like Vidalia or Walla Walla)
1 grissini (this is a crunchy breadstick)
1 T milk
1/4 t cayenne pepper (I used smoked paprika instead)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Heat the oven to 450*.
Grind the grissini in a blender or food processor until fine powder.
Combine milk and spices in a bowl.
Coat a ring of onion with the liquid batter. Continue until all rings have been coated. Let sit 2-3 minutes, then coat again.
Roll the onion ring in the ground grassini to coat. (It's a VERY THIN coating!)
Place on a greased sheet of foil and bake 6-7 minutes, flip and bake 6-7 minutes more.

Enjoy immediately!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I hope my weigh in on Monday has me at 144 something, but we'll see. I've been stuck at 145 all week with minimal losses, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment