Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bittersweet

Happy Thursday!

Well, this morning started off a bit bitter as I stepped on the scale. Up 0.6! I am so baffled! I did NOT cheat yesterday. I drank over 2L of water. The only things I can think of that may have contributed are the fact that I did eat a fairly salty bowl of "chicken soup"--totally on the diet, but I added a bit too much salt. I also ate a grissini, which is allowed, but maybe I need to cut out all the extra carbs. Even a skinny breadstick may be too much???

And lastly, I did apply sunless tanner in preparation for the wedding we're going to. I don't want to look like Evan Rachel Wood.

A bit too pale, thank you very much. Anyway, on the diet you have to be extremely careful with all lotions, ointments, potions, etc... as they may contain oil. You may or may not know that your skin is your body's largest organ. I did read the ingredients and didn't see anything that said "oil", but I'm no scientist, so there could've been some in there.

So, that was not so fun. I thought for sure I'd see the 130's today.

HOWEVER. I have a permanent stand on the soap box called It Doesn't Matter What The Scale Says, It Matters How You Look. It's a lonely place, but I stand there faithfully. Because really, when you see people do you immediately think, "Oooh, I bet she weighs 140.6"? No. At least, I hope you don't. You see the person for who they are; you notice the fit of their clothes.

SO, the SWEET part of my post is that I found a dress last night. It's a size 8 LBD (little black dress). It fits like a glove. And it was only $11.99!!!! I love me some Ross. Josh tried to take pictures of me in the dress. It was late at night, and this house is as dark as a cave. So we went to the brightest room in the house-- the kitchen. And for some reason they still turned out really gray/fuzzy. Probably due to the fact that our "camera" was his Blackberry. But here I am, proudly wearing a size 8 dress!!!


Now, a model I am not. But you get the general idea. I know technically you aren't supposed to wear black to a wedding, but it was the one that fit and it was only 12 bucks. Besides, all eyes will be on the bride and groom, anyway. =)


I've got a lot of packing to do, meals to be prepped for me, and some tidying up so I'll wrap this up.

I'll be back on Monday... hopefully with a weigh-in that has me solidly in the 130's!

1 comment:

  1. These days, any colour goes at a wedding. You look hot, svelte, tiny, thin,buff in your size 8 dress Ruth Anne! Congrats!!!! Have a great weekend away!

    ReplyDelete