Thursday, January 20, 2011

Apple Day

Hola! Well, there's good news and there's bad news.

The good news is I was down another 0.6 pounds today so I've officially hit the 10 pounds lost mark. The bad news is I totally cheated yesterday and ate a homemade granola square. Sugar? Check. Fat? Check. Hitting myself over the head? Check. ;-)

Actually, I don't really feel that bad about it. I was so close to just giving up the whole thing. I mean, really, how much more can I lose in 2 days? Is it worth torturing myself or should I stop now? But I decided I was going to finish what I started, even if I gained today. Luckily, I still lost. But in my experience the 2nd day is when the weight would show up. So, I've decided to do an apple day today (eat only 5 apples) to help decrease the damage.

I'm at 136.8 and I'd so so so love to see 135 by Saturday, even if it's 135.8. So we'll see what I can do these last two days. I think the apple day will help; and I'm actually excited about apples because I'm sick and tired of chicken and cottage cheese anyway.

Georgia-Welcome to the Skinny Turtle!! You would definitely lose weight just from consuming 500 calories a day; but you'd be starving your body. Basically you'd be anorexic. With HCG (the pregnancy hormone) it releases stored fat to be burned for energy, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Does that make sense? Feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

MaryBeth- Thanks for your concern for my "plumbing". ;-) I haven't needed to resort to a mild laxative yet, but there are definitely some days where I wish I could just empty my bowels!

Matt-My husband is amazing. He's loved me at my heaviest, he's loved me at my craziest. Of course, he loves the slimmer me as well, mostly because *I* feel better about myself and it shows. I wear cute dresses that I haven't worn since our honeymoon almost 7 years ago. We're planning a trip to Long Beach, CA for his birthday in May, and I'm actually looking forward to wearing swimsuits and shorts and cute dresses!

That's about it for today. I've got another busy day and Josh isn't coming home until way late tonight; after we're all in bed. I can feel that I'm losing control a bit, because on top of the low energy, PMS stuff, acting-out kiddos, there was a full moon last night! And seriously, it makes a difference. So I took a Xanax yesterday and I'll take one again today to get me through until Josh comes home... for the evening tomorrow. Then he's gone for the weekend to a men's conference... and then gone again on Monday. Lord, please help me!!!!

If you think to pray for me and my children, that we can all adjust to this schedule, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Have a wonderful day, and I'll be back tomorrow with more good news, hopefully. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am counting the hours for you so that you can finish what you started. You must be so proud of yourself. I know I could not come close to doing what you have done. Hope your days go a little faster and hope you wishes for your family come true sooner rather than later. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the explanation, Ruth Anne - much appreciated!
    Georgia :)

    ReplyDelete