Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reptilian, much?

Morning Mates!

How are you this fine Thursday? I'm good. But I've got a problem on my hands. Literally.


Drinking water = many bathroom trips = much washing of the hands = dry, cracked, chapped hands = problem. Why is it a problem you ask? Why not get some thick, creamy, dense hand repair cream and slather it on? Well, because they ALL have oil in them!!!

And, on this diet, you're not supposed to have fat or oil. Skin is the body's largest organ, so if I were to slather on the lotions, I'd gain weight. I'm having some issues with this anyway, because I make my kiddos PB & J sandwiches using organic, natural peanut butter. The kind with the oil on top. The kind that oil oozes all over the place, down the jar leaving it perpetually oily, and all over the knife and my fingers.

I also made them pizza the other night, and was putting the pepperoni on when I realized my hands were really greasy.

But, you know what? I'm not gonna stop feeding my kids. :-D So if my weight loss slows down because of all the oil I'm touching, so be it.

So for now, my hands resemble some type of scaly lizard. They are SO chapped and dry. They are bleeding. They hurt. Waaaahhhh!!!!

Ok, done with that now.

I lost 0.6 today, down to 143.6 which I am happy with. Hoping to get back to 141.6 (where I was at before I gained) by next Monday. That'll leave me with two weeks to hopefully lose 5-7 pounds. Not sure if it'll happen, but that's what I'm shooting for.

Last night I heated my chicken up in 1 cup of low sodium vegetable broth, and added my broccoli in. So I had broccoli chicken soup and you know what? WAAAAAAYYYYY easier to eat my chicken this way!


I didn't eat the broth, and even if I would have it didn't have any fat and was only 15 calories.

I'm finding I get really hungry in the afternoons, so it helps to have 2 servings of veggies then. Although, yesterday I only ate one of my servings. I didn't feel like adding in cauliflower to my soup and I don't have any other options for vegetables in my fridge right now.

I have been having 1 small (4oz) cup of coffee the last two days, with 1-2 TBSP fat free caramel vanilla creamer in it. That adds 25-50 calories to my day, (if I finish the whole thing, which I don't always do) so I think that's why my weight loss slowed down today. Plus, for me anyway, it usually slows down the first week and then I lose partial pounds the rest of the time.

I'm happy with how it's going though and can't complain.

Josh comes home today!!!! Although, Thursdays (the day he comes home for the week) are always hard because I just want to see him already! I miss him! And without fail he ends up getting home way later than he hoped. Usually around 7:30pm or so, which isn't horribly late but he always hopes to leave around 1:00 which would put him home around 5:30 and so those last two hours are sheer torture.

Today he doesn't know what time he'll get to leave because the owner and CEO are both going to be up in the other office and have a meeting scheduled with him. And their meetings tend to go long. Over dinner. =(

So I'm just telling myself that even though I was supposed to finally see him tonight, it might not happen and to just continue on with life as usual. I've been trying to get to bed earlier because it makes a huge difference for me. So I can't wait up until 10 or 11 or 12 for him to get home.

Anyway, that's about it for me. I'm going to my mom's today with my sis for our weekly Thursday Coffee Date. =) I won't be able to enjoy the goodies we usually have, but I'll enjoy my coffee and I'll take my apple along in case I need to munch on something.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. That actually looks like a vey good soup! I would never have thought when they say you can't have oil it would mean in lotion also. I am sure there is something out there but it would probably be very expensive. I could never give up my chapstick, no matter how much weight it would keep me from losing. Hope you have a good weekend.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again..."...sorry... had to Silence of the Lambs given the chance. I really don't think you can can weight by putting lotion on your skin:

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100629162839AAYWpfb


    And Level 5 requires probably a little over 3 million steps in a year! It sounds unattainable but it can be done fairly reasonably if you consistently hit around 8000 steps a day.

    ReplyDelete