Friday, January 7, 2011

TGIF

Happy Friday, everyone!

I'm so happy it's Friday, even though our weekend is fairly busy and I won't be seeing all that much of my husband. =( He did make it home by 8:00 last night, though, so that was nice. =)

I was down to 142.8 this morning, for a loss of 0.8 which makes me happy. Every morning I have this fear that I'll step on the scale and it'll have skyrocketed. I'm not sure why. I'm not cheating on my diet, but I guess I feel heavy. I feel heavy enough to tip the scales right back into the 170's, my highest weight.

Part of the problem is that I continue to be constipated. I'm not really sure how this is possible given the amount of water I'm drinking, plus eating an apple and orange a day, as well as cauliflower or broccoli. But, them's the facts. ;-)

I'm headed out to the store today to look for some more teas. The chai I spoke about earlier this week was really good, but I can only manage a cup of it a day, if that. Then it gags me. So I'm going to look for some other flavors to get me through the day. I've been much hungrier the last two days. Yesterday I was starving and all day long visions of food floated through my head. I made my kiddos seasoned french fries and boy howdy I wanted to dive in face first!!

I did find a super great alternative to chicken yesterday: pinto beans! They don't have any fat but are fairly high in calories. One cup has 234 calories, which is almost HALF my daily allowance! (How crazy is that!?!?) Anyway, I ate half a cup of beans with salt (so good, by the way. Seriously.) and it was such a nice break from chicken. I think I'll keep it in my rotation. I also need to get more vegetable options today, as the last 2 days I haven't eaten all my allotted veggies, which is why I've been more hungry methinks.

Confession: I haven't done a single crunch or push up. =( I just don't have the energy. I feel a little weak, and don't want to expend energy on it right now, as all my energy goes to my kids and housework. Sort of important since I'm the only one here 4 days of the week. ;-) So I'll keep trying to get them in, but I'm not beating myself up about it if it doesn't happen.

I hope you have a lovely weekend! I'm hoping by Monday I'll be in the 130's. :-D

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are still losing. Have you tried a tea called Smooth Move? It does seem to help sometimes. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! How are you doing? I need to find a away to get in more beans.

    ReplyDelete