Thursday, January 13, 2011

Forward Progress

Down another pound today, huzzah!

I'm so happy to see the scale moving again. It makes the lack of eating worth it. ;-)

Lately I've been reading far too many food blogs. It's not good for me. I mean, look:

Jenna at Eat Live Run made these triple layer mint s'more brownies. I can NOT get them out of my head.

Joy, at Joy the Baker has been making all kinds of savory dishes like whole wheat molasses bread and ingenious sweets like chocolate peanut butter pretzel brownies. (Sensing a trend with the brownies, yet?) She also has an AMAZING recipe (well, I haven't tried it yet but you can bet your bottom dollar I will be) for cinnamon rolls with cream cheese folded into the actual dough.

And then there's Darla from Bakingdom. Dear, talented, makes-me-drool-on-my-laptop Darla. She has all manner of delicious sweet treats, from chocolate malt ice cream to lavender short bread cookies to vanilla chai cupcakes.

If that's not enough, Rachel from Heart of Light made Rosemary Butter Cookies and Salted Caramel Sauce for Christmas gifts. Must. Try. Them.

So, you see my dilemma!?!? SO many good recipes to try, yet I can eat nothing but chicken, broccoli/cauliflower/salad and apples/oranges. Speaking of apples and oranges, this is what the drawers look like today:

Looking pretty sparse, about time to stock up again. I really enjoy the apples with cinnamon and truvia, and if the orange is sweet it's a real treat, too. Lately it seems the oranges have been more dry and flavorless.

I apologize for all the delicious recipes above; it's really cruel to post such things on a weight loss blog, but I can't help myself. I love to bake and I will be making every single one of those recipes in the future. And I'm quite excited about it. ;-)

In other news, I'm thinking of extending this round by 4-7 days. I cringe when I think about how much more weight I could have lost if my drops were working the whole time, and I want those pounds gone. I have 2 weddings to attend in February and I'd like to be firmly in the 130's for them. Meaning, 135 at least. So we'll see. It's perfectly safe to continue the diet for longer but I just don't know if I can hold out that long. We'll have to see.

Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment