Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Speed Bumps

Ah, gotta love it. Just getting into a groove and then along come.... speed bumps.

Things like, oh say, Christian pushing Kate down a flight of stairs. She is ok besides a bump and bruise on her forehead and waist.

Or maybe something like not being able to fall asleep until after midnight, being woken up by hubby's alarm clock at 4a.m. and then trying to function.

Or maybe a little speed bump like losing 2 more fish in the night. I swear I have a black thumb-- plants and fish come here to die.

Those speed bumps catapulted me into a morning filled with eating... wheat. And stupid, processed, not even homemade wheat! Cheez Its. My arch nemesis. Quesadillas, because they are quick and easy. And now I'm sucking down Diet Coke, which is pure chemicals. I mean, really, how on earth can something have ZERO calories?! It's not right, I tell you what.

So unfortunately, I have not made it to the gym. I'm hoping to go this evening when Josh gets home. After I go grocery shopping and take Kate to the hair salon to fix the whack job I did on her hair. Sheesh. I was just trying to trim it and she ended up with a full-on bob. And an uneven one at that.

I'm going to hop in the shower for now. I think that's a good start to getting this day to a better finish than the way it started. =)

2 comments:

  1. My house is having some construction and the drywall dust is killing me, so what do I do... eat reese cups. I keep thinking it will make me feel better but after I feel worse. When will I learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you replaced your Wheat Thins for Cheez Its?

    ReplyDelete