Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 9 and an update from yesterday

So, I never made it running yesterday. Sometimes I feel like a really feeble octogenarian. I'm only 31, but my body has pretty much broken down from having my kiddos. With my last pregnancy my back got so bad I couldn't get out of bed by myself, couldn't roll over, couldn't get up from sitting on the floor, etc... My back is still wonky and last night it flared up. I was walking crooked, bent over and in so much pain. So, no running or jumping for me.

Josh and I watched Julie and Julia last night; I loved it! But then, I love to cook, love Meryl Streep. It was a great movie, BUT it totally made me eat. Right when we were starting the movie I thought, "Man, I want another cookie." And the thing is, I *felt* hungry. But I *knew* I couldn't be, because we'd had dinner not that long ago. So, I drank 28oz of water.

We started the movie, and I still felt hungry. So I went and got the smallest cookie-- one of the last of the batch, so it's about 1/3 the size of the others. That still didn't do it so I ate 16 reduced fat wheat thins and 1oz of smoked gouda. It wasn't til the end of the movie when I was watching some of the commentaries and someone mentioned the movie would make you hungry and want to eat that the light bulb went on. ;-) Super smart one, here.

So, in the end I did no exercise and ate 230 extra calories. Not a good plan. ;-)

This morning, by the grace of God, I got up to use the restroom. Not 10 seconds after I got out of bed, my 3 year old son threw up-- and it would have been ALL OVER ME if I hadn't gotten out of bed! SICK!! I thought he just coughed too hard and then ended up throwing up. But he just came to me (I'm in my bedroom on the computer and he was in the living room watching OPB) covered in puke and said, "Mooooom, you have to wash me!" SO I guess his stomach isn't feeling well.

Which means, no gym for me. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sad because I don't feel that great myself. But it would've been nice to be able to burn 500 calories, to make up for yesterday and today. I guess I'll just go on my treadmill, and if it works out try to do my HIIT on the exercise trampoline.

Dawne uses a video-- "Walk Away the Pounds" and I am going to check into it. I need some sort of something I can do at home, for when I can't get to the gym.

So far today I've had 1/2 a slice of homemade whole wheat bread with butter. I am going to keep a strict eye on myself, calorie wise. Good thing is, I don't feel super hot so those cookies aren't tempting me. And I've become quite proficient at whipping up chicken noodle/pearl barley soup in a jiffy. :-D So I'll prob make some for myself for lunch. I really load it up with chicken, too. I do have some turkey cutlets in the freezer, so maybe I'll use those.

I'm going to take Dawne's suggestion and try to eat more protein and see if that helps the scale move.

Here's to a new day!

3 comments:

  1. You know what? I think you did awesome last night!! If it were me and I had one cookie I probably would have said who cares and eaten 6 more. Good job!

    I totally agree on the workout routine you can do at home - I have the ttap.com cd's which I love, and are here waiting for me when I need some variation. I've never gone to the gym but that's just cuz I'm a total homebody and hate having to go places. I love a day where I have nothing planned and nowhere to go!

    Remember this is a lifestyle change and it's not going to be perfect at first - you're doing so good. =)

    I watched that movie a few days ago and it made be hungry too! When I made popcorn later I kept thinking about how she said butter makes everything taste better, lol. I made cornbread that called for quite a bit of butter and OMG it was the best I'd ever made! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like quite a chef/baker! I'm going to try and make a homemade Italian Wedding Soup - chicken, spinach and a little pasta...it's got to be healthy.

    If you're a hard core athlete, you may find WATP too easy. The 4 miles interval DVD is a little more hard core. (15 minutes of jogging in total)

    I'm 1 inch taller than you!!! :) The funny thing is that I feel great at your current weight! My actual Dr's goal weight for me is 160, my personal goal weight is 149. What is your goal weight?

    I got the idea to blog my weight loss from Julie and Julia. I wanted to go home and cook after that movie! I didn't realize that I'd discover a world of weigh loss bloggers!

    I'll post a pic of me in my pants soon...they're not that exciting. Just dress pants, but made the shape/style I like.

    Hope your day is going well and that health is restored to your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawne! You made me laugh out loud, you silly woman! I am NOT a hard core athlete. Ha ha, I'm sure the WATP will be exactly at my level; I *might* be able to do the 15 minutes of jogging. I'm not kidding!

    My goal weight is 130-135. This is what I was at pre-marriage/babies. It was the weight my body maintained at, without me having to diet or exercise. I know things have changed, my metabolism and all that, but I'd love to get down to that number again. It's been 6 years since I've seen it on the scale.

    If you're wedding soup turns out, you know I'm going to ask for the recipe! ;-) I love to bake/cook. LOVE IT.

    Thanks for posting your comments; it's like winning the lottery every time someone has something to say about what i post! :-D

    ReplyDelete