Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

Today I ate:

1.5 fried eggs (and barely got them down. I seriously dislike eggs)
2 lite string cheese
1 banana
16 reduced fat wheat thins
2 light laughing cow wedges
170 calories worth of creamer (I tried the FF stuff and it was too sweet, so I went back to regular. And I actually drank 2 mugs today, so I have to count all the calories.)
1 Hershey Kiss. Yep, I was able to eat just one. =)
1.5 cups of dinner, which was "chicken enchilada casserole"... chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cheese.

All that adds up to just over 1,000 calories! NOW I see how people can blow through calories. I feel like I haven't eaten that much all day, I'm still hungry, and yet I've already eaten ONE THOUSAND calories!

Now, according to TheDailyPlate.com, I can have 1587 calories a day. So, I'll probably have another 2 bananas after my workout. Speaking of which, I plan to finish up my Christmas shopping tonight and hit the gym on the way home. I'm going to just burn 500 calories. I think. Unless I want to just get home, in which case I'll do HIIT for as long as I can.

I'm also going to try to drink a TON of water tonight, since I'm weighing again in the morning.

My goal weight is anywhere between 125-130. Pre husband and kids my body maintained at 130ish without me having to do a thing diet or exercise wise. I'd like to get back down to that. I'm 5'3" with a small frame/bone structure. So 170 is ENTIRELY too heavy for me. I can feel it; it weighs me down.

I'm so looking forward to getting rid of this weight. I will do it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't waste calories on food you hate! There's protein in other things besides eggs! How about a high protein cereal - like Kashi or Vector? I feel awful that you're eating food that you have to gag down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, eggs are the worst to gag down, too! One thing I wanted to remind you about (DH is eating alot of this) is vegetarian protein like legumes especially. This is kind of long but here are some examples of vegetarian foods with high sources of plant protein:

    PROTEIN IN LEGUMES: Garbanzo beans, Kidney beans, Lentils, Lima beans, Navy beans, Soybeans, Split peas

    PROTEIN IN GRAINS: Barley, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Millet, Oatmeal, Quinoa, Rye, Wheat germ, Wheat, hard red, Wild rice

    VEGETABLE PROTEIN: Artichokes, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green peas, Green pepper, Kale, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard green, Onions, Potatoes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Turnip greens, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini

    PROTEIN IN FRUITS: Apple, Banana, Cantaloupe, Grape, Grapefruit, Honeydew melon, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon

    PROTEIN IN NUTS AND SEEDS: Almonds, Cashews, Filberts, Hemp Seeds, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts (black)

    "One excellent ingredient to look for is hemp seed protein. Hemp seed is an nutritious dietary source of easily digestible gluten-free protein. It provides a well-balanced array of all the amino acids, including 34.6 grams of protein for each 100 grams. The fatty acid profile of the hemp seed is extremely beneficial, containing omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in a virtually ideal ratio. Other beneficial aspects of hemp seed include a strongly favorable unsaturated-to-saturated fat ratio; a high content of antioxidants; and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals."

    Hope that helps a little! =)

    ReplyDelete