Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snacking vs. 3 square meals

Dawne suggested that perhaps part of my problem is that I snack on things, instead of eating a full meal. This could be true.

However, when I was at 130 and maintaining without counting calories or sweating in the gym, I snacked. All day long. Grazing, if you will. =) And what did I eat? Wheat thins and cheese. So maybe, subconsciously, I eat these things because it's what I ate when I was thin. Who knows?

In any case, I think Dawne has a good point. It's really hard for me to make meals for myself (usually) because I'm so busy with my kiddos and the housework. It takes too much time, energy, concentration. No, I'm not kidding. I really feel that way. At least, right now I do.

I don't have any mixed greens, and I need to just go get some, because a salad isn't hard to throw together and I've already got the chicken baked and ready to go. I guess part of my problem is coming up with healthy ideas for breakfast and lunch. I'm going to buy some Kashi cereal, but I highly doubt 1/2 a cup is going to tide me over very long.... and then I snack. Hmmmm, what to do, what to do????

In any case, it's something to be aware of and work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment