Monday, December 21, 2009

Mid Day Update

So far today I've eaten:

1/4 cup smoked almonds (170 calories and 6g protein)
2 cups of coffee with creamer
1 cup of sweet and sour chicken (6 pieces)
A bite of chocolate chip creamcheese bar my sister brought, and a bite of some delicious cookie my mom brought.

My sis and mom came over for lunch. It was super nice, but now I have some delicious cream cheese chocolate chip bars my BIL made. I also made peanut butter rice krispy treats with my kids, and those are MAJORLY addicting to me. Especially when frozen.

So, I have to watch it and keep myself in line. I haven't eaten past full or not when hungry, so that's good. I've also drunk 72 ounces of water, which is a really huge victory for me. Drinking water is not easy.

We're going to my in-laws for dinner, I have no idea what is being served but I plan to just eat in moderation.

****

I just have to say, I know I differ from many people who are "dieting". People who are "dieting" don't drink full fat, full sugar Peppermint Mocha creamer (3T per cup!) or eat cookies. But I'm not most people.

In order for me to succeed, I can't restrict myself so severely. My goal right now is not to eat more calories than I'm allotted, and it seems to be working so far (coupled with exercise 5x a week).

I don't feel bad or like I failed because I ate a bit of cookie. This is just my way, what I need to do to be successful, and I am really most interested in learning to live in moderation.

It's actually quite shocking how little food I need to eat. My portion sizes in the past have been double, even triple, what I need to be satisfied. Stepping back and listening to my body has been an eye opener, for sure. A good one, though. =)

I'll post tomorrow how the night went (although, I already know it will go well because *I* am in charge). :-D

2 comments:

  1. I love what you said in this post. I am SUCH an all or nothing person (as you can see from my blog lately I am currently on "all" mode, lol) that I really envy what you are doing. Someday I hope to make that my achievement, that I was able to find that fine balance in my life where I totally can eat a bit of a cookie and not six of them. You are an inspiration to see you being content where you're at and not freaking out because it's not working or you think you're doing it wrong. It's working for YOU and that is all that matters. =) Love you lots! Sherah

    ReplyDelete