Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Two

Real quick, as I'm headed to bed...

Today was "ok". Not great, but not horrible. I did manage to get in 30 minutes on my treadmill, 20 of those minutes with my hand weights/arm exercises.

But I also made Red Velvet Cookies for a friend of ours that we were having over for dinner to celebrate his birthday. They were delicious, and over the course of the day I had 4 of them. They aren't big--only 1 teaspoon of dough each-- but still, NOT necessary.

The other things I ate were:

Banana
One blueberry pancake with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and 1 teaspoon syrup
1.5 c homemade chicken soup with celery, carrots, pearl barley and FF broth
One cup of coffee with creamer

For dinner I made Swiss Cheese Chicken, corn and salad. For dessert we had one scoop vanilla ice cream and one of the aforementioned cookies. This is TMI, but since our company was here I forgot to take my digestive enzyme and ended up throwing it all up. =( But I'm counting it anyway. ;-)

Not sure how many calories that is, or even how many I burned on the treadmill. But the important thing is that I made myself do my work out (despite my 3 crabby kids, and 1 crabby niece) and was conscious of what I ate. EDITED TO ADD: I finally got onto TheDailyPlate.com and estimate I ate about 1200 calories today, even with the ice cream and cookies. Even if it was a full 1500, that's still less than the recommended amount I eat to lose 2 pounds a week. I love that site; it's super easy to use and has EVERYTHING you can imagine in their database, as far as food goes. They had red velvet cookies, even!

I lack self-control/self-will when it comes to not eating when I'm not hungry, but I am working on it. I'm also working on portion control. Those two things are biggies for me.

I hope to update this daily, but we'll see how things go. I didn't weigh myself before I started, but assume I was around 170. I'll weigh in again on Monday and see what the scale says.

This is hard work, but I am just going to keep plugging away, taking each day and working on what I eat and making sure I get some sort of a work out in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you, Ruth Anne! This morning I don't feel like working out OR dieting at all. I feel like making something really yummy and eating it all. =)

    But I keep remembering WHY I'm doing this, and I really really REALLY want to get in shape. How bad do I want this?? And I also tell myself that on Christmas Day I can eat some stuff I've been craving if I want. I really want to lose 8 lbs by then. Good luck today, I'll be thinking of you when I do my workout!!

    ReplyDelete