Tuesday, December 15, 2009

HIIT training DONE :)

So, lunch... I ate a little bit of soup, but for some reason couldn't stomach the turkey in it. So I ate the barley, carrots and celery with some broth and a piece of warm, fresh bread with butter. This bread is seriously so good. My sister came over today and remarked that it was like Great Harvest bread--moist and hearty and just yummy.

I put all the kids down for naps, and lo and behold BOTH boys slept! I was super stressed from the morning, my back was aching and I just wanted to sit on the couch with a cup of tea and my book. But I thought, "If I don't do my workout now, it won't get done." So I pulled out my treadmill and did the HIIT training on it. It wasn't as hard as I thought, switching the speed all the time. I just had to give myself a few seconds for the speed to readjust either up or down and it wasn't as complicated/jerky/interrupted as I thought it was going to be.

I did 25 full minutes, plus 6 minutes warm up/cool down. I forgot to look and see how many calories I burned; the last I looked at the display it was at 200, so I'll just call it that. I tell ya, that 2.0 incline will be the death of me. In the beginning of my workout I was holding onto the handles for dear life, lest my treadmill spit me right off the end and into the wall. But by the end I was letting go and *gasp* JOGGING at 5.1mph. I'm proud of myself. It's not Lance Armstrong standards, but for me, it's very good.

I hope my body continues to burn some fat today. If nothing else, I burned off the calories from the 2 cookies I ate. ;-)

So far today, I've eaten 897 calories and burned 200.

5 comments:

  1. Good job on the exercise and eating :) You should try doing HITT on the elliptical, when you can get to the gym. I really enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does HITT stand for? Pardon my ignorance! Also, if this amazing bread is homemade, I'd love the recipe. Sunshine Mama has her entire fitness routine on her site...you should see her arms! She explains the exercises in detail. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. If you're short on time, this is the exercise to do! Plus, they say it keeps burning fat for hours afterward.

    Basically, you warm up, doing whatever you want--walking, jumping on an exercise trampoline, whatever-- then, you do the exercise at a moderately hard level for 1 minute, and then at an intense level for 30 seconds, then at a moderate level for 1 minute, then intense for 30 seconds, etc...

    The time FLIES past, you get a great workout in half an hour and the benefits are supposed to be great. =)

    I'll have to check out sunshine mama's site again; I have her bookmarked but it's hard for me to navigate and figure out where things are on her site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by "the exercise" I mean whatever it is you chose to do... jumping, walking, jogging, elliptical, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ~ I am so happy that you've "found" HIIT and that it's working for you!! And I wanted to say that I'm pretty sure it burns more calories than it says, because it continues to do so afterwards. And it's not like "jogging for 25 minutes" - it's more intense than that, so I'll bet it *also* burns more calories than the treadmill says. Maybe? I don't know how treadmills work. VERY cool - keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete