Thursday, December 31, 2009

Green Smoothies, just for Dawne =)

Ok, I know green smoothies sound HORRIBLE, but they aren't. Really, they aren't. If you use fresh baby spinach it doesn't have a taste at all, really. Add in some fruit (not tons and tons otherwise the caloric content goes WAY up) and it's an easy way to get in some greens.

Just make sure you put in enough water and blend it well. You can make it thinner, and therefore easier to drink, by adding more water and less bulky fruit--like bananas.

Give it a whirl; if you don't like it you can always dump it down the sink. ;-)

Today I've eaten:

3 turkey sausage links
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 lite laughing cow wedge
9 slices think smoked turkey
Green smoothie (4c spinach, water, 1c blueberries and 1 banana)

I'm working on my smoothie... I have to drink it fast otherwise my boys gobble it up. See, Dawne, if a 3 and 2 year old will drink it, it can't be half bad! :-D

2 comments:

  1. Another "green" smoothie...

    - 1 head of lettuce
    - 1 T cocoa (no sugar)
    - 1 - 2 packets sweetener (like Stevia)
    - ice

    Blend and enjoy! Tastes like a chocolate smoothie without the calories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving it a try ladies!!!! I'll let you know my verdict. It will have to wait until I can get to the grocery store for baby spinach. Thanks for this...I think! :)

    ReplyDelete