Friday, December 11, 2009

Day Five- Crepes!

I made crepes for breakfast this morning. A couple months ago we checked a book out at the library called Suzette's Crepes. In the back there was a recipe for crepes. My sister in law was reading it to my daughter and she wrote the recipe down for us, and now we have crepes once a week or so. =)

Anyway, today I substituted Vanilla Almond milk for half the milk in the recipe. I doubled the recipe, because my kids DEVOUR crepes. Anyway, it ended up making 20 crepes, and here is the nutritional breakdown per crepe(limited version):

83 calories
2.5 g fat
3 g protein

Today I had 2 crepes with 2 tsp Stoneyfield French Vanilla Organic Yogurt, 2 tsp Mixed Berry Jam and 1/2 a cup of coffee.

I did get on the scale this morning and was saddened to see it looks like I've gained 1.5 pounds. I'm not absolutely certain what I started out at, since I didn't weigh on Monday. So, my plan is to weigh again on Monday and make that my starting weight and go from there. It's very disheartening, because 99% of the population would have seen a loss by now. I know it's only been 5 days, but I have drastically reduced my calories AND added a workout every day.

BUT. The title of my blog is Flab to Fab, ONE DAY AT A TIME. As much as I'd love to wake up at my goal weight, I know that isn't going to happen. And I'm not going to quit just because my body isn't cooperating and giving me the losses that other people experience. I will just keep plugging along.

I am going to keep at it until I go to see Dr. Ray again in January. I will talk to him then if I'm still having problems dropping weight; I know he has some sort of weight loss supplement that he sells and maybe he can specifically look for digestion issues when he looks at my blood and hormones.

I plan to do some HIIT training in my living room today, and just let my 3 year old skip his nap for one more day.

Back with more later. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you. You are doing so well. :)
    It makes me jealous that you have "trouble" eating all your calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!!! Remember that Dawne has her sneak peek on Friday and sometimes it's just a tiny bit, but on Monday she's shocked that it went down much further! BUT also remember you are gaining muscle so keep an eye on your clothes and if they start getting loose but the scale doesn't move, you know you're doing something right! (this is my mantra for today cuz of the weight gain I saw this morning)

    I've been thinking that as long as I'm eating healthy AND working out, I don't need to worry about the weight fluctuations. Reading Dawne's blog is amazing because she totally eats a normal dinner (until full) and has consistently lost weight. Because she's moving more and eating less. That's all it takes! And I am definitely doing that. So here's to success for you and I both on Monday! (And Jen =)

    ReplyDelete