Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another Successful Day and Modified HIIT

Well, I wasn't at home all day yesterday so I couldn't run to my computer to input the calories I was eating, but I think I did okay. Here's what I ate:

3 small crepes with a total of 1T organic ff yogurt and 1T jam
2 slices of turkey bacon (35 calories each)
1 light string cheese
1/4c smoked almonds
1 tiny piece of vegetarian pizza (it was seriously 2"x2")
5 sun chips, 2 mini reese's pb cups, 10 M&M's (this was a victory believe it or not. I was STARVING and just wanted to shove handfuls of chips into my mouth)
1 piece of baked bbq chicken, salad with some ranch
1 c chicken yakisoba noodles

I could have had much more than that, but I didn't, so I count it a victory. =)

This morning I got up and did my HIIT on the treadmill in a fasted state. I modified it for me. I am nowhere near being able to run, much less sprint. So instead I walk moderately fast for 45-50seconds and then walk faster for 45-50 seconds. It seems to be working well, I sweat a lot but don't feel like I'm overdoing it, and the time FLIES past. As I get in better shape I'll up the speed, but for now, I'm good with this.

Have a wonderful day everyone! =)

2 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start for the new year. And good self-control with not hosing the entire veggie pizza on your own! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'll do the trick anyway, RA! The cardio, I mean. It's all about speeding up the heartrate, then slowing down, etc. And you'll probably naturally just go faster when you're able to, I think. Seriously - my "sprinting" towards the end of my HIIT is probably like someone else's slow jog, lol. But for me, it's hard and that is all that matters. Success today!

    ReplyDelete