Friday, January 22, 2010

Perfect 10 Challenge Update

It's Friday! YAY!! This week has felt soooooo long. My husband had to work on Monday and my kids didn't get the memo it was a holiday. ;-) But it's finally here!

Weigh In... well, the scale says I gained half a pound. :-P I have done nothing to deserve this abuse from my body/the scale! LOL I have exercised every single day, drunk my green smoothies, and not eaten outside of my calories. I even let Jillian kick my booty! What more can I do!?

I'm not disheartened, though. There are a couple things that are affecting it, I think. First of all, I need to go back to see my doctor in Arizona. I can tell my hormone therapy needs to be updated; the drops I take that normally help aren't really helping at all. So, hormones could be a big part of it. Also, I'm still working on getting my intestines to function properly and release the waste, so that's an issue.

Finally, Greta mentioned in her comment yesterday that it's important to eat good fats so your body can let go of the bad fats. I definitely need to work on that. And my nutrition in general.

So, although the scale smugly told me I didn't lose a thing this week, I will not give up. Besides, I am going to weigh in again on Monday and hopefully I'll see a change then. And by that, I mean see the scale go DOWN! LOL

I've been thinking about Sunshine Mama's new diet, and I am going to buy the following ingredients at the store:

purple cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, green, yellow and red bell peppers. You mix this all up into a salad and use whatever salad dressing you like. The nice thing about this salad is that it's really refreshing and IT DOESN'T GET SLIMY AND WILT. It's all hard vegetables. So I'm going to make up a big batch of that and eat it with my cooked chicken breasts.

I am VERY sore today. My whole body aches. My plan is to do my Shred video this afternoon when the kids are napping, and so I'll have eaten something prior. I hope I can do it; my muscles ache so badly but I'll do my best to push through because I am determined to complete the 30 days!

So, updates to my Perfect 10 Challenge:

*No weight loss this week (yet) but I have a plan in place to help get that fat sliding off. It really should still be coming off with the amount I need to lose.

*Change weigh in days to Monday

*Eat more vegetables and lean protein

And a fact about me:

I've never broken a bone. Not a toe, not a nose, not a rib, nuttin'. And, barring childbirth (which is a different story entirely) I've only ever had stitches once. This is a miracle because, well, I'm a very clumsy person! Recall I got my head stuck in the subway doors in France. Yeah, graceful is not a word I'd use to describe myself. Growing up I was always falling out of trees, off horses, off bikes, etc... But never broke a bone. That's got to be some sort of accomplishment, right!? :-D

Happy Friday Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. The scale is being a best to many out here in blog world! To me too! I'm going to adopt your attitude right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're building up momentum, like a volcano that is secretly and silently a raging beast inside a mountain, but on the outside it is very quiet and serene. Like your scale, very quiet and serenely telling you that too bad, nothing is happening.

    Watch that volcano unleash it's fury this next week!! I think seriously, if you do that with your diet and keep up with the workout...you're going to start seeing first the steam, then the smoke, then the LAVA pouring down the mountain. That would be, the fat getting released.

    LOL I am feeling rather deep this morning, obviously. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea on the non-wilting veggies. I shop for produce about every 2 weeks & am usually scrabbling to pull together enough 'good looking' vegs at the end of the 2 weeks. I have found that romaine heads last for a good long time - as long as you don't cut/tear them until you need them.

    Hang tough on the scale issue. Your number will go down but sometimes it requires just as much patience as it does hard work. :)

    Best wishes,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't believe anything that scale says - it is just messing with you! I bet you will have a loss next week that makes up for this one.

    I haven't broken a bone a traditional way, although I did break my pelvis in a car accident. Like you, I am clumsy, so very clumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hormones! I say the heck with 'em. You're doing everything you should!

    ReplyDelete