Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aw, I got a Happy Award!

266 was kind enough to pass on the Happy Award to me! If you haven't already, check out her blog. She has lost 92 pounds so far, and her progress pictures are amazing. =)

With this award I'm supposed to name 10 things that make me happy and then pass it on.

I've received this award 3 times in the recent weeks, and I am thankful for every single time, because I get to count my blessings and come up with 10 things that make me happy!

So, here are 10 things that make me happy:

1) Knowing God is in control, watching everything and He cares for me.
2) My 30 Day Shred. It's brutal, but it's going to help me lose this weight!
3) My blogger friends, my IRL friends and my family
4) Sunshine
5) Baking
6) Mary Kay Satin Hands lotion. My skin gets so dry and cracked and it helps!
7) The easy clean feature on my oven. ;-)
8) My 11 pound shih tzu, Charisma. Who is doing much better with house training!
9) My lucky bamboo plant
10) High thread count sheets. Yep, I'm a sheet snob. The higher, the better!

I would like to pass this award on to the following friends:

JEN My real life friend and sister-in-law. She has lost 35 pounds on her own and has 3 small children close in age!

SHERAH Also my IRL friend, and she is having some AMAZING results lately. The mom of SEVEN children and fit to boot!

SUNSHINE MAMA
She goes running in negative degree weather and can do 140 push ups!

LINDSAY Who is totally real and down to earth and a real peach.

WHITNEY She has a BodyBugg and totally has me wanting one and Dr. Jeff from the Biggest Loser reads/comments on her blog!

ERICKA She's been sick recently, but her posts are always honest and funny. And she perseveres.

SHEENA Special to me because our blogs are similarly titled and needs encouragement to KEEP blogging. ;-)

AMY She also recently started this journey and is doing great!

JACK Super, SUPER witty and entertaining.

RACHEL She has lost over 100 pounds and is funny to read. Sometimes R rated, but funny. ;-)

And last, but most certainly not least, I can't leave out DAWNIE. She has received this award many times recently but I love her blog. She has lost 63 pounds in 4 months and is very inspiring and uplifting and encouraging.

Whew, I think that's 10. I know some of them have received it recently too, maybe even by me!LOL So you guys feel free to pass on the whole passing it on and what not.

Today went fairly well. I didn't exercise. I was just too drained. I ate well, right up until my sister brought over a piece of chocolate cheesecake. And then we had pizza for dinner; and a small fire in our oven.

It was a comedy of errors, really. My husband gets home from Costco with a meat pizza (which was extraordinarily delicious!!). We put it in the oven, on the little cardboard thing. Well, it starts smelling funny and isn't cooking correctly, so we slide it off the cardboard. Except my husband doesn't realize how far out he's pulled the rack, and half the pizza falls off the back end, the toppings dripping down toward the coils.

It takes us a good 5 minutes (cuz we're really fast-on-our-feet-thinkers) to get it back on the rack, I burn my hand in the meantime and the pizza is like, destroyed. It looks like it got in a fight with a Great Dane and the dog won. We decide it's still edible, so we put it back in to finish cooking.

More toppings drip off. It starts smoking. We take it out... and once again it's like falling all over the place, definitely a 2 man process. We finally end up taking the entire rack out, and when we try to transfer it to the cutting board, more mutilation occurs. We are in stitches. It's so bad it's funny.

I immediately turn on the self clean option and what happens? The oven catches fire. The self clean heats the oven up really hot and apparently the grease and meat from the pizza ignited. There are huge flames in the oven, but none coming out. Hubby and I stare at it, wondering if that's normal or if we should think about installing a fire extinguisher in our kitchen. Eventually the flames die down, we turn on the fans to get the smoke out of the air and go about the rest of our evening.

All that to say that on TOP of the chocolate cheesecake, I also ate 2 small pieces of the pizza. Which was in no way healthy or good for me. I also did not manage to get down my water today. I had several cups of warm tea, but nowhere near 85oz. I can tell, too. My lips are once again dry and chapped, my throat is sort of scratchy. I'm going to try to drink 28oz now, before bed. Which will ensure several potty trips during the night, but whatever.

Hope you all had a great evening! :-D

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Happy award. That is a heck of a story with the pizza!! You guys sound like a lot of fun.

    Also, I love that satin hands thing from Mary Kay too. I haven't had any in awhile. Maybe I need to call a representative.

    Have a good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to patent your new diet plan...destroy half of whatever you buy to eat in the cooking process. Tremendous calorie savings that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruth! I appreciate it! I've been *trying* to at least keep at my exercise even though my eating hasn't been the greatest! Keep it up! :)

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness, what a night to get some pizza. Did the house reek of smoke? I had a Pampered Chef stone break inside of my oven, putting my veggies and roast on the oven floor. The entire house reeked for at least two days. Thank God for self clean ovens!!!

    Thanks for the award Sweet. I graciously accept and will come up with more things that make me happy. You're right - it allows us to count our blessings.

    I didn't realize you and Jen were SIL's! I am so jealous!!!! She truly is one of the first bloggers I "latched" on to, and I don't know how. I'm going to look tonight for the first time she left a comment, because I think that's how I "found" her, which lead me to you! Ah, life is good.

    Keep healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that was hilarious. I love how you guys were staring at the oven, wondering if that was normal. Ha ha I can just picture it!

    Thanks for the award and shout out to my blog!! I don't know if I'll do it or not but if I do, then you'll know. =) And by the way, pizza is my downfall, ESPECIALLY homemade pizza. I just LOVE it with all the toppings and my kids don't really, so it's way too tempting just to eat all their crusts and/or toppings and/or leftovers.

    So lately I just don't even make it. Waaah the sacrifices we make to lose weight....=) But worth it. Keep up the good work, I'm following your workout with interest to see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award, it brought a smile to my face on this Friday morning!!

    And as for those Costco pizzas, they are delicious! We always buy the cheese ones, cut up lots of peppers, mushrooms, broccoli and other veggies and put them on top. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete