Friday, January 1, 2010

The Same!

So, the scale stayed the same, which I am very happy about. =) I also had an epiphany in the middle of the night... I love, love, love the sweet and sour chicken and yakisoba noodles we get from this Chinese joint. BUT that chicken is seriously coated in greasy batter. In the middle of the night as I lay there awake (I've been waking up and not able to fall back asleep for a couple hours) I thought, "Sheesh! I should have just cut up one of my baked chicken breasts and put some S&S sauce on that!" So, that's what I'll do from now on. I think it will lower the caloric content considerably.

Also, whilst laying in bed awake last night =) I was thinking about what it means to *me* to be fabulous. For me, it's not about looking like Heidi Klum or some other Victoria's Secret model. I don't have the body type for that, I will never look like those girls. That doesn't mean I can't be fabulous in my own way.

For me, to be fabulous means feeling comfortable in my own skin. Being at a healthy weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Being a supportive, loving and respectful wife and a kind, caring, nurturing mother. Aren't those qualities fabulous!?

So, that's what I'm striving for. Moderation in everything, living a healthy lifestyle (and being a good example to my kids in that) and getting down to a healthy weight.

I am so excited for this new year! Getting Thin In 2010! (Yep, came up with that one last night as well.) :-D

2 comments:

  1. Hey, :)
    Good idea about the chicken. I am always looking for new ways to eat chicken, cuz it is super healthy.
    See you soon :)
    Happy New Year~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete