Friday, January 15, 2010

Perfect 10 Challenge Update and my FIRST AWARD!

I lost a pound! While this isn't ground shattering or anything, it is HUGE for me. Because I got below that 168 number. You'd have thought I hit my goal weight at the giddy smile and pure joy I felt to see 167 on the scale. :-D Plus, it was my monthly cycle week AND I did have an accidental overdose of salt last night.

So, although it wasn't a 2 pound loss, I'm still on track to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks, which is my goal with this challenge. I've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. That 3 pound loss the first week sure helped me out.

I did my HIIT on the treadmill this morning, and I bumped it up a notch in intensity. At 18 minutes I felt my back/hip/SI joint telling me to slow the pace, so I did. I think part of my problem--and thus lack of a good amount of weight loss this week--is that I didn't work out consistently 5 days in a row. It was pretty sporadic.

So this next week, these are my goals:

Eat within calorie limit every day (this has been surprisingly easy)
Do my HIIT or Leslie video 5 consecutive days, more if time and family allows
Do a more intense version of HIIT as my back/hip/SI joint allows. Meaning: do 30 second intervals of fast/slow and take the fast pace up a bit.

So, that's my plan for this next week.

My random fact of the day about myself:

I spent some growing up years in Texas where I had to eat the following:

Frog Legs. These frogs were the size of rabbits; only 5 or 6 of them would fit in our bathtub. Imagine my HORROR to be innocently using the facilities one morning as a 7 or 8 year old, to hear a thunderous CROAK from the bathtub!!! And then have to EAT those frogs later that day. By the way- it really doesn't taste much different than chicken (HONESTLY!) but it's really slimy. Blech, no thanks.

Rabbit. All I remember is that it was really, really salty. I think it was just prepared wrong. Also a traumatic event, as I happened into the "bunny barn" thinking I'd see some cute rabbits and instead came upon the butcher block.

Squirrel. I mean, really. What's the point?? It's such a small amount of meat, and it is very sinewy and gamey. Just disgusting and something so wrong about eating teeny tiny drumsticks.

That's the extent of my weird food experiences. Not something I'll repeat OR put my children through. Oh, and it's not like we were poverty stricken and living off the land. We totally raised our own cows for beef and could afford to shop at the grocery store. It was just something my hunter step-dad thought was "cool". He was weird.

Dawne gave me an award today!!! Thanks, Dawne. =) I'm supposed to come up with 7 things you don't know about me, and then pass it on.

1) I have red hair and am so very, very thankful none of my children have it! I don't like my red hair, can you tell? LOL

2) I was a nanny in Norway for 4 months.

3) I've never been to a concert. Ever.

4) I am one of 7 children, my husband is one of 16 (no multiples or adoption!!)

5) I've seen the Mona Lisa and Eiffel Tower in person and had a HILARIOUS trip to France. I got my head-- yes, my HEAD-- stuck in the subway gate doors, I yelled "Holy Mackerel" the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower. Oh, here's a funny story:

We were in France at the end of the Tour de France and Lance Armstrong won. So there was this little group of Americans with a boom box, and we were singing (loudly) the national anthem and other patriotic songs. It was quite crowded, so my friend and I were standing on chairs we had taken from a little bistro. Part way into the celebration a frenchman came up and was asking about the chairs, so I told him where we got them. Turns out, he OWNED the bistro and wanted his chair back from the despicable Americans, LOL! Ahhhh, good times.

6) I have never been skiing. And only snowboarded once.

7) We just bought our first house this year and I LOVE it. I can't wait to slowly make it my own, with paint and decorations and such. =)

I pass this prestigious award on to:

Amazon Runner
Fat Girl in a Wedding Dress
Destination: Runway
Thunder Thigh Bride
Sherah (if she wants it) =)

Happy Friday everyone!! Have a really awesome weekend. =)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award (and your one pound loss) and thanks so much for mine!

    I live in Texas and I'm happy to say I've never had any of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS.
    I am so very happy for you (It's sad you weigh less than me, I know I am taller, but it makes me feel chubby ;)
    I am so excited for you. GOOD WORK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A pound is a pound! That is excellent. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss.

    and NEVER been to concert? Why ever not? Do you have problem with crowds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great update, and the interesting fact reminds me of home. :-) Having grown up in KY is similar in many ways to TX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yipee on your pound Ruth Anne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frog legs and squirrel legs really got my attention. I can't even imagine eating a squirrel's leg. You're dad sounds like a character.

    Those are such interesting things to learn about you. You must be an aunt to many children.

    Congratulations on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done!

    I think you rabbit was made wrong

    ReplyDelete