Thursday, January 14, 2010

My *newest* favorite product

Today was very successful!

It started off rocky. I was doing my video with Leslie and my two boys stared duking it out over the toy trains. I had to stop the video, work with them, and give MYSELF a time out. I wanted to be so mad at them for interrupting my exercise. I almost just threw my hands up and quit. But, that is what the OLD me would have done.

The new me took some time to compose myself, went back out to the living room and started the video over. I did the whole thing (although I only made it half way with the weights; my arms are JELLO!) and in the end I even had my kids side stepping and clapping with me. =)

Then my MIL took them for the day so I could get some errands done, go to my chiropractor and I also had a visit with my friend's dad-- the one who owned the health food store. We did some EFT together... you can google it if you want. It sounds new-agey and crazy but it really works. I was with him for a 2 hour session (REALLY long; they don't usually take that long, but well... I have lots of issues) ;-)

The chiro reviewed my chart, said the xrays they took last time indicated some degeneration in my SI joint and lumbar region. I'm only 31, what gives? Anyway, he treated me (he isn't a bone cracker type), put the electrical stimulation on with heat, stretched it and told me to come back twice next week. If the treatments don't work he is going to send me for a cortisone shot in the joint.

I'm home now after grocery shopping, and I had forgotten about Hebrew National dogs. They are kosher beef (I don't eat pork. Not for religious reasons, I just don't like the taste). They have 97% fat free beef dogs and each one is only 40 calories with 6g of protein. So I ate FOUR of them for dinner. I had only eaten an orange, 1 lite string cheese, a cup of coffee and a footlong Sweet Onion Teriyaki Sub (6 inches at 2 different times) all day.

Now I'm pleasantly full. Except, I looked at the sodium AFTER I ate the beef dogs and it's pretty high. 22% of your daily value in ONE. Oops. I'm going to drink lots of water and hope I don't retain any for my weigh in tomorrow.

Even if the scale is stuck at 168 in the morning, I'm not giving up. This is a process and I'll keep at it. A stubborn scale/body isn't going to deter me.

Oh, a funny little story. I bought some more Kashi today. That stuff really is delicious. I get the Honey and Almond kind and eat it as a snack, with no milk. Well, today I poured it into our tupperware container and went to put it on the shelf. Unfortunately, the lid wasn't on all the way and the whole thing spilled on the kitchen floor!!!! ALL of it!

So I was scrambling, because my 11 pound Shih Tzu was giving me a run for my money in who was going to get to it first. Yep, I swept that cereal right off my kitchen floor and back into the container. My husband just mopped the other day (yes, my HUSBAND did.) I was willing to eat a little bit of dust with my precious Kashi. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Poor thing you just can't keep your Kashi off the floor!
    At least you were able to get to it quick enough this time, that stuff is awesome. Congrats on being able to go back to your work out after getting distracted keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! sorry, but that IS funny :)
    Sorry that it spilled. Thanks for coming by~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude regarding the scale!!! I hope it's down for you! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete