Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Challenge Update

So, I lost 2 pounds. And I feel disappointed???? This is why I don't weigh more often than once a week. Because I weighed 168 last Saturday when I snuck a peek at the scale. So, in essence I lost 5 pounds last week and none this week. Which is weird, because I had some really low calorie days this week. I only worked out 3x though.

In any case, I am having an attitude adjustment and I am going to celebrate those pounds gone! I lost the equivalent of EIGHT sticks of butter this week! :-D

Part of it is a mind game for me. I haven't weighed below 168 in a long, long, long time. So in my subconscious I feel like it's impossible to weigh less. But guess what? I'm gonna prove my subconscious wrong. :-P

For my Perfect 10 challenge, I'm also supposed to give a random fact about myself. Since this is the first week, I decided to do a little background about myself.

I'm 31 and was pregnant 5 times in 2.5 years, resulting in 3 healthy children and 2 miscarriages. My 3rd was born when my oldest was 4 months shy of 3 years old. It's been a busy few years. ;-) After my last child I developed postpartum depression and have been battling that for the last 18+ months. I saw a doctor in Arizona who has helped me tremendously to get it under control. And now I'm ready to take charge of my life, get RID of these excess pounds, get back to being healthy fit and well, FABULOUS! =)

So, that's me in a nutshell. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and I am PROUD of myself.

6 comments:

  1. Good job :)
    I am proud of you too :)
    The pounds we fight for hardest and take the longest to come off are the most likely to stay off :)
    Good work this week~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you're actually doing BETTER than the recommended weight loss of 2lbs per week, to keep it off forever!!! So go you!!!

    I also wanted to remind you of this that I wrote on my blog a few days ago from thefitnessblackbook.com:

    "What is funny is that it won't happen at an even rate. All of the sudden you will build up what I call "fat loss momentum" and you will begin to drop fat like crazy."

    I am in week 5 now - and I remember when I was writing "week 2, day 2" it seemed like I had been working out, dieting in this particular way FOREVER. And ever. And EVER!! But it adds up in the long run - we're here to help you keep on going and celebrate those small steps.

    I'm SO SO SO excited for you, RA!! Especially for your inch loss, THAT is awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RA -- I'm proud of you and I know you can do this, so keep the faith, woman! :)

    I'm going to throw a Mother Hen moment at you... please be sure you are eating enough. Your statement about "low cal" days really struck me... you don't want to shock your system into storing because it thinks it isn't getting enough, you know? I assure you that you will lose weight more evenly if you are still making sure you are eating enough each day.

    Okay, off my horse now! Love you, honey! :)

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, you should be proud of those 2 pounds. It's not a race, it's a lifetime, forever change. I know you'll see below 168 really soon! I can't WAIT for the day I see 168! ;)

    I agree with Erin. Eat enough good food to fill you, make that metabolism work, energize your physical body and keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really common for women, especially, to follow up a big-loss week with a low-loss one. It takes a while for the body to process those low-calorie days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While it wasn't another BIG loss, it was a loss, for that be pleased. Great update. Interesting fact!

    ReplyDelete