Sunday, January 3, 2010

MORE than a conqueror...

Ok, so first off I have to say I did end up having a snack last night. HOWEVER, I absolutely believe it was the right choice. I did what I could to stave off the hunger- drank 30 odd ounces of water and went to bed. But I couldn't fall asleep because I was soooooo hungry. So I had 16 wheat thins and 1 lite laughing cow wedge. 165 calorie snack and that was all I needed. This is a victory because what I really wanted was a plate of nachos with sour cream.

After my snack I went to bed and... still couldn't fall asleep because I was so freezing cold. I've had issues in the past with my thyroid and I think it's sort of out of whack again. I usually bundle up for bed in the following: socks, long pants, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt. With the hood up. And my head under the covers. I'm talking bundled up like I live in the Antarctica. Or Minnesota.

So I got up, took a steaming shower and was able to fall asleep once I was warm and toasty.

This morning I woke up with a headache, felt grumpy and just generally did NOT want to work out. I refrained from eating, because I knew I *should* work out, but didn't want to. Not only did I not feel well, but since it's Sunday my whole family is here. In the living room. Where my treadmill is. Which means my husband will be watching me. And I don't want him to watch me, cuz I'm embarrassed!

Now, don't get me wrong. HE doesn't make me feel that way. Sorry to be blunt, but he'd whisk me off to bed the instant I was done, if I let him. I just get all sheepish and shy when all my wobbly bits are bouncing around as I do my workout.

In any case, I decided that I wasn't going to make excuses and I was going to work out. It all turned out just wonderfully because my husband took the kiddos outside to help him pull out some bushes, in preparation for the garden I'll be planting this spring/summer. (YAY!!!!)

Sooooo, I did 25 minutes of HIIT. And since there was no reason not to, I took a page from Sherah's book and rested 5 minutes and then GOT BACK ON THE TREADMILL. For another 20 minutes. GO ME!

I haven't eaten anything yet, and it's almost noon. I'm going to hop in the shower and then make myself a salad with baked chicken.

Have a successful day of moderation, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. I think you were absolutely to respond to physical hunger with a snack. That is not breaking any rules. When you're hungry, feed it with food. When you're soul/heart is hungry, feed it with truth,worship and prayer. I love that you made sure you were physically hungry first, but drinking the water etc. I think that's a good plan, so you don't confuse hunger with wanting to eat for other reasons.

    BTW - I would have skipped the treadmill and been whisked away to bed! That type of "exercise" must burn some calories! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the workout - and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :)
    I decided to make my blog public again, for now ;)
    I can just start another blog for "my" thoughts. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my list of things to do this month... make you a few rice bags! :) Ruth Anne, I love reading your blog and am so glad to have a way to still "connect" to you. :) Off to dig in my stash for some cozy rice bags so you can heat them up and warm up your bed before you sleep.

    Love you and I know you can keep on keeping on!
    erin

    ReplyDelete