Friday, January 8, 2010

End of Day Update

So, I never ended up eating anything else. I just wasn't hungry, so I didn't.

For dinner I had 2 slices of pizza (500 calories) :-O, 1 breadstick and half a glass of Arbor Mist. My dinner contained more calories than the entire rest of the day!

I still have 350 left and plan to have some cobbler with my hubby after the kids are in bed. =)

This counting calories business has really opened my eyes to how many calories are in stuff, and why it takes such an intense effort to lose weight. The pounds pack on so easily, it's soooo easy to blow 2000 calories a day, and it takes a LOT of sweat and calorie restriction to lose a pound. But you know what? It's so worth it.

It's worth it to be comfortable in my own skin. It's worth it to be healthy, to set an example of a lifestyle that I can be proud of for my kiddos. Not insane. Not yo-yo dieting. But learning to live in moderation. Having a piece of cake, but not 1/2 the sheet cake, ya know?

To steal yet another line from my beloved Dawne... It's my time. I haven't felt up until now that losing weight was a priority for me. I had health concerns to deal with, I have 3 small children and I didn't have the drive to lose weight. But now is my time. Now is my time to reclaim my rightful, healthy, lithe, supple body. Now is the time to feel fabulous about myself. Now is the time to be (physically) who I am meant to be; who God created me to be.

I am so glad to be out of the 170's. So glad. I plan to never return. Buh-Bye 170's!!!!!

Have a really wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for reading :) I think that is pretty great that we have so much in common!! Don't worry, I don't think you are a freaking weirdo.

    Sheena

    P.S. I totally agree about easily blowing calories. I never realized how many calories I ate in a day before I started counting them, and I never ever thought it was too much. Who'd a thought? Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the calories... it's amazing how many calories are in things... great post, RA! Love ya, gal! Buh-bye, 170s!!!!

    ReplyDelete