Monday, January 4, 2010

A day of rest

My husband took today off, so I took the day off from exercising. Instead of getting on my treadmill, I let him sleep in and cooked a down-home breakfast. ;-)

We went on a date last night. I have to say... Applebee's is of the DEVIL! They don't post their nutrition info on the web (any idea how we can get a petition started, stating they must do so????) but I googled "Calories in boneless bbq wings".

Anyone care to take a guess how much 1 serving (10 pieces) will set you back, calorie wise???? EIGHTEEN HUNDRED CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is shocking and insane. Now, I don't have this information verified, but it was posted more than one place on the web by other people. I usually get mine plain, with sauce on the side, but good grief. No wonder America is so obese!

I opted instead for one of the 550 meals. Steak, potatoes and veggies. The plate was like, miniature. Seriously it looked like it had been made for an Oompa Loompa or something. But I ate it and it was delicious. Then I rationed myself 12 Bit-O-Honeys to eat during our movie. We watched Have you heard about the Morgans?. It was a good time. =)

I'm still on plan today as far as my eating goes. I've only eaten breakfast and lunch, with no snacks and am at 820 calories, although this is sort of a wild guess due to the breakfast I made and the fact that the calorie calculator I usually use didn't have some of the items in it. I've eaten:

1.5 eggs with 2 turkey sausage and 1/8c milk
a biscuit made from Bisquick, with cheese and milk
Chicken salad with craisins, feta and Girard's White Balsamic dressing

That dressing is the bomb diggity, but at 110 calories for 2T I won't be buying more once it's gone. May as well just use FF Italian. ;-)

Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at your comment regarding your meal. I've ordered a low cal meal from there before when we've been in the States and had the same experience! "This is it??? I thought we were in America???" I saw that movie the other day and it was okay, I thought it would be a good renter, but the next week I saw, "It's Complicated" and was throughly entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hottest hot wings I can get, and I would eat them in great portions until I realized how many calories they have. I was eating two dozen at a time! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete